[asterisk-users] Zaptel/mISDN and call transfer

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Jul 14 12:07:02 CDT 2007

Hi!

>>> I am searching for a possibility to do a certain call transfer method
>>> which is called "path replacement" in QSIG. But I want to do that in
>>> DSS1 (EuroISDN).
>>>
>> They keyword to search for is "explicit call transfer" (ECT). At least
>> chan_capi-com (http://www.melware.org/ChanCapi) comes with support
>> for that. Don't know about mISDN.
>>
> Thanks, but can I use chan_capi as frontend to mISDN or zaptel
> hardware?

You can run chan_capi on top of mISDN, but I have never done this myself
(be careful to not confuse mISDN with chan_misdn). Anyway, I am not sure
what "mISDN hardware" would be, whereas "CAPI hardware" would refer to
cards that come along with a CAPI interface/driver like Eicon Diva or
various AVM products, possibly also HST products.

> As I know I do have to choose between digium or beronet/junghanns
> hardware (E1) to use PRI with asterisk, right?

Or Sangoma (which uses zaptel), or Sirrix (comes with its own channel
driver). My personal suggestion would be that you take a closer look at
Eicon and Sangoma.

> Do I have to use chan_capi to access the zaptel hardware?

That won't work.

By the way, you might want to also search for "call deflection" (CD) and
"partial reroute" (for PtP = point-to-point connections =
"Anlagenanschluss") next to ECT. See:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/ISDN+Features
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+CAPI+readme
http://www.melware.org/ChanCapiCallReroute