[asterisk-users] Macro: s-NOANSWER, _s-.

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 14:07:29 CDT 2007

Dear Jared;

Thanks for your kindly help.

But what do u mean by more characters? What that
pattern that will contain a character?

Also, what that pattern that will contain a dash (-)?

Regarding to the s-CONGESTION then what it means by
"CONGESTION" word? Why u used here "CONGESTION"?

Regards,
-------------------------
IP Telephony and Contact Center Engineer
Eng. Bilal Ghayad
Mobile: 00965 9849460

> I have this example for Macro and I am not able to
> understand some line, if any one can help me plz :)-

[snip]

> exten => _s-.,1,Goto(s-NOANSWER,1)
>
> Also, what does it mean _s-. ? It indicated for
which
> dialing number?

The underscore signifies that it's a pattern match,
and the period
 means
one more more characters after the s and the dash.  In
other words,
 it's
a patter that would match s-CONGESTION or anything
else that started
with an s and a dash.

Regards
Bilal Ghayad