[asterisk-users] Can Asterisk hear on two IP addresses? And can I do routing for calls from private to public or public to private IP addresses

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 11:52:01 CDT 2007

Hi List;

Can asterisk hear (receive) calls on two IP addresses?
How?

If yes, then:

If I have a VPN router, and my Asterisk server
connected to two network cards, one has a private IP
address (192.168.0.2) connected to the VPN router
(192.168.0.1) and another network card has a private
IP address (193.111.196.249) connected directly to the
outside default gateway (193.111.196.240), where the
VPN default gateway for outside is also
(193.111.196.240), then:

If I received a call on the network card of IP:
192.168.0.2 then can I route the call for another
softswitch server has a public IP address (in another
county and another network)? If yes, then is there
some condition on this kind of call routing (for
example: the communication mode to be full proxy for
media and signaling or it can be a proxy only for
signaling)?

Any help?

Regards
IP Telephony and Contact Center Engineer
Eng. Bilal Ghayad
Mobile: 0965 9849460