[asterisk-users] how to load phone registration information

Ricardo Carvalho rjcarvalho.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 05:14:04 CDT 2007

I'm using realtime sip already!
To let you understant better my problem, I'll explain a bit more:

In a redundancy scheme, I have two asterisk servers, each running on
different machines although sharing the same MySQL DB for relatime sip.

Problem arises when the second server assumes the production. When some
phone tries to establish a new call, those INVITEs reach the new server,
although this server seems to don't read the registration information kept
in sip_buddies table to know if the destination phone is registered or not,
and so, the call fails.

Because the destination phone was registered in the first server, I was
expecting that the second server when assuming production would first read
the sip_buddies DB table to see if the destination phone was registered or
not, but that seems to don't happen. It seems that registration information
is only kept in memory and isn't read from DB!

Is there any way that I can force Asterisk to read sip_buddies realtime DB
table to know if destination phone is registered?

Regards,
Ricardo Carvalho.