[asterisk-users] improved SMS?

Russ McBride russmcb at tsw.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 12 18:57:00 CDT 2007

Newbie question(s):

 From what I can determine it sounds like the SMS messaging isn't as
robust as it could be (?).  I'm wondering if there's active work on
that right now or if it's more of an issue about PSTN carrier that
one would be using who would be responsible for passing the messages
into the PLMN.

Background-- I'm looking into the possibility of setting up an
emergency messaging system here at the University that would send out
voice, SMS, and emails.  Any input relevant to that goal would
probably be appreciated.

Thanks,
Russ

Russ McBride