[asterisk-users] List delays

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jul 12 13:51:55 CDT 2007

Don Kelly wrote:

> Although Dimitri's plea to the 'Admin' may not have been carefully worded,
> it would be nice to have some feedback on this issue. As far as I can tell,
> there has been no response by moderators/admin to the messages regarding
> list delays, including messages that I have sent directly to those
> identified as list managers.

We have been working on this issue as much as possible, and in fact the
list server was shut down intentionally yesterday (for nearly 24 hours)
in an attempt to clear the backlog of undelivered messages. There is
still more work to be done, and we haven't yet found the root cause of
the delays, but it does appear to be a large number of subscriber
addresses that fail to resolve via DNS (but 'soft failures' (timeouts),
not hard failures).

As we get through the backlog of queued messages and the mail server
rejects these addresses, Mailman will unsubscribe those users and the
problem will begin to clear up, but I expect it will take a few days
before things have returned to any sort of normalcy.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies