[asterisk-users] Setting Appearance on Outbound Calls?

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Jul 10 18:49:46 CDT 2007

Noah Miller wrote:
> Hi Matt -
>
>> No I haven't.   Shouldn't I be able to set the appearance to like '4'
>> or '5', etc?
>
> I can do that on the PRI's I've had experience with.  I found that on
> most landlines, this will show up as "Unavailable" or something
> similar, but on most cell phones it will show that number.

pbx-1*CLI> show application setcallerpres
pbx-1*CLI>
   -= Info about application 'SetCallerPres' =-

[Synopsis]
Set CallerID Presentation

[Description]
   SetCallerPres(presentation): Set Caller*ID presentation on a call.
   Valid presentations are:

       allowed_not_screened    : Presentation Allowed, Not Screened
       allowed_passed_screen   : Presentation Allowed, Passed Screen
       allowed_failed_screen   : Presentation Allowed, Failed Screen
       allowed                 : Presentation Allowed, Network Number
       prohib_not_screened     : Presentation Prohibited, Not Screened
       prohib_passed_screen    : Presentation Prohibited, Passed Screen
       prohib_failed_screen    : Presentation Prohibited, Failed Screen
       prohib                  : Presentation Prohibited, Network Number
       unavailable             : Number Unavailable

pbx-1*CLI>