[asterisk-users] mixing video and non-video clients

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue Jul 10 17:11:21 CDT 2007

It's not clear to me what happens when video and non-video clients are
using the same PBX together.
Let's say, from a video softphone I place a call through Asterisk,
through the analog phone line and my phone provider, to a regular analog
phone. Or the other way round - from an analog phone, through Asterisk,
to a video softphone.
What happens then? I imagine that only the audio channel is routed, and
the video screen goes blank on the softphone, but the audio
communication works fine. Is that correct?

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/