[asterisk-users] Asterisk, AudioCodes, Caller ID

Brad Stockdale brad_lists at greenepa.net
Tue Jul 10 11:17:09 CDT 2007

Hello all,

   I'm working on a little project right now and have ran into a snag. Was
hoping someone would be kind enough to give me a few pointers to help me get
past the current issue...

   I have an AudioCodes MediaPack MP-114 (2FXS and 2FXO... SIP firmware...)
that I'm trying to get to play nice with Asterisk 1.4. I've got it to the
point where the AudioCodes box picks up calls coming in on the FXO ports and
routes them to a predefined extension on the Asterisk server. The problem I
am having is that I cannot seem to get the AudioCodes box to pass the Caller
ID data to Asterisk. I have tested the setup with both my Teltone TLS-5C line
simulator and the local telco's POTS lines... Both the teltone and the telco
are passing caller ID data onto the line and it is being displayed properly
on a standalone CID display box that I hooked up for testing. Yet, that data
seems to disappear somewhere in the MP-114...

   As far as I can tell, I have the AudioCodes box setup to accept caller
ID... (Enable Caller ID = yes, type = Bellcore). The AudioCodes documentation
is somewhat lack-luster when it comes to real examples, but I did my best to
interpret all the various settings throughout the box that seem to affect
Caller ID presentation...

   Does anyone have any experience with getting an AudioCodes MediaPack to
work nicely with Asterisk? If so, some advice or sample config snips or
anything really would be very helpful... I'd appreciate it...

Thanks in advance,
Brad