[asterisk-users] List delays

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Tue Jul 10 04:22:38 CDT 2007

No, please don't post headers. Headers tell us nothing. They don't tell
us such things such as DNS resolution problems, routing problems, if the
recipient's server is tempfailing, etc.  The ONLY thing really useful
are the mail logs from the list server. The only people that have access
are Digium employees.

I encourage everyone who is having delays to visit
http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-users and look at the
bottom of the page.

The link to asterisk-users-owner at lists.digium.com and the other two
addresses listed are the ONLY addresses that should be notified of list
problems / delivery issues.

Considering that so Very Very few subscribers are having delays, there
is a 99% chance that you have something messed up on your side - DNS
reliability, your network, one or more of your MX servers, some goofy
anti-spam scheme, etc.

In this case:
dig mx mailcall.com.au
;; ANSWER SECTION:
mailcall.com.au.        60      IN      MX      100 mx2.zoneedit.com.
mailcall.com.au.        60      IN      MX      0 email.mailcall.com.au.

Connection attempts to mx2.zoneedit.com were taking well over a minute
to get the "220 mx2.zoneedit.com ESMTP Postfix" response. Most
high-volume list servers won't wait that long. I strongly suggest you
find a better backup mail relay service, or don't even list a second MX.
Once ALL your MX servers (no matter what priority they are listed at)
are working quickly and correctly, THEN contact the list admins for
further help.