[asterisk-users] NAT

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 16:03:58 CDT 2007

Hi Stefan -

> What I want to accomplish:
> - calls within the LAN are re-invited (RTP goes from endpoint to endpoint)
> - asterisk detects when a call is going beyond the local LAN (over the NAT),
> and then stays in the middle.
>
> I'm wondering if this is hard to do and how I'm supposed to configure this.

I don't really know how hard it would be to do what you describe, but
if you're interested in getting the results you want with a minimum of
effort, just keep asterisk in the media path all the time.  Set
canreinvite=no, and your calls should work consistently whether they
stay inside the NAT or go outside.

- Noah