[asterisk-users] Setting Appearance on Outbound Calls?

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 14:41:22 CDT 2007

Hi Matt -

> What do I need to do to set the outbound appearance on a call so that
> it shows up as Unavailable or Private?

In most cases, I think you'd need to arrange this with your provider.
If you want to do it on a call-by-call basis (in the US), dial *67
before you dial the number. If you have Caller ID blocked permanently,
dial *82 to unblock for a given call.

There may be other ways to do it, though.  One of my clients has a
Verizon PRI.  If I set the CallerID to an invalid number and call
another Verizon landline, it will show up as unavailable. If I do the
same and call just about any cell phone, the receiving phone will show
the invalid number even if it's something like "000000000000000".  On
this PRI, I think it always works to set it to a validly formatted,
but fake number.

- Noah