[asterisk-users] Polycom 301 - Problem with AMI Originated Calls

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Mon Jul 9 10:34:41 CDT 2007

Lee Jenkins wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having an odd problem with my polycom 301.  I am initiating a call
> to it with AMI Originate() function:
>
> Action: Originate
> Channel: local/112 at Management
> Context: to_meetme
> Exten: s
> Variable: dropped_conf=111
>
> The "to_meetme" context is very simple:
>
> [to_meetme]
> exten=>s,1,MeetMe(${dropped_conf},id)
>
> If I specify every other device I have to test:
>
> * Grandstream 101
> * XLite Client
> * My Cell Phone
>
> It works as expected.  But with the Polycom, the phone will ring and the
> usual ANSWER REJECT FORWARD soft buttons are painted on the display, but
> hitting the answer button seems to fail to do anything other than
> silence ringing.
>
> SHOW CHANNELS shows the polycom as ringing still although the polycom
> has stopped ringing (audibly at least).
>
> Of course, all other calls originate through the dialplan are answered
> with no problem.

It appears that it is something with my Polycom configuration.  It seems
like the polycom is having a problem with calls that do not contain
correct CID info.

In the originate command, I added some lines to populate the CALLERID(x):

Action: Originate
Channel: local/${DEV_NAME}@Management
Context: to_meetme
Exten: s
Variable: CALLERID(num)=${DEV_NAME}|CALLERID(name)=Operator
Async: true

After explicitly setting the Caller ID info, the polycom then accepts
the call correctly.

Anyone know off hand what setting might be creating this behavior?

Thanks again,

--

Warm Regards,

Lee