[asterisk-users] Sip Providers

Jeff Davis asterisk at netsourceva.com
Sat Jul 7 16:18:55 CDT 2007

Ira wrote:
> At 09:11 AM 7/7/2007, you wrote:
>> I'm planning my first asterisk box, and I'd like to know what SIP
>> providers everyone likes. Voipjet? Gizmo? Somebody else?
>
> Teliax has been the best for me and I use callwithus as a backup.

I'd have to agree that Teliax has been the best for me as well. I've
used them for over a year now with only a couple of minor administrative
problems.

I had a billing problem that was quickly resolved with one phone call.
The problem was related to a cutover to a new billing system and is
unlikely to reappear.

I also ported an 800 number that I had purchased. Apparently this is
still a largely manual process for all carriers and the delay I
experienced was probably not their fault. They were still very helpful
and responsive.

In addition they maintain a very large stock of DIDs for something like
47 states. This includes the small town in Indiana where I grew up. I
was rather surprised.

I've never experienced an outage with them, but I've received email
notices about the status of outages that could have affected me. Overall
the communication in and out of the company has been very good, and
that's as important as the stability of the service as far as I'm
concerned. I'm happy to endorse them.

That said; I've also used Broadvoice and was very unhappy. Also,
LiveVoIP went out of business with my 800 number and about $50.00 of my
money. So pick your provider carefully if you're going to advertise a
number.

--
Jeff Davis
Netsource Consulting