[asterisk-users] Which features are lost when canreinvite is turned on ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Sat Jul 7 09:06:41 CDT 2007

Hi,

My setup is :
PSTN --------- ISTP Network ----------- Router ------------- Asterisk
---------- SIP Phones

Phones are located in the same location.
I'm thinking about installing new phones in other locations (small agency,
home workers), registering those phones to the same Asterisk server.

As every location has DSL access, I think I should have those phones
directly exchanging RTP data with ITSP media gateway, without passing
through Asterisk server, with canreinvite = yes option.

Before, trying this, I'm wondering which features I would loose in the
process ?
Will I keep the ability to :
- record CDR,
- listen to DTMF tones