[asterisk-users] PRI CallerID and Apple iPhone

ewr at erols.com ewr at erols.com
Fri Jul 6 13:14:15 CDT 2007

Has anyone else experienced trouble recieving callerid from asterisk on an
Apple iPhone?  Outgoing calls from one of our Asterisk PRI's always show as
"Unknown" on the iPhone.  All other calls to the phone show the callerID
fine.  If I switch the iPhone sim card to a different phone (Nokia or
Motorola) the callerid also shows up fine.  That would lead me to believe it
is an iPhone issue, but I also have several other Asterisk PRI's (from
different providers) that the callerid seems to come through to the iPhone
fine on.  I've tried experimenting with sending different numbers
(prepending a 1, etc) without any luck. Asterisk version is 1.2.18.
Signalling is pri_cpe and switch-type is national.

I'm completely stumped and would appreciate any ideas!

Thanks,

Eric