[asterisk-users] How many number of parallel calls can make through asterisk

Dimitri Volski dimavo at mailcall.com.au
Thu Jul 5 21:45:14 CDT 2007

Hi,

You can see some sample configurations from the link below
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+hardware+recommendations

It really depends on the hardware, the codecs, what you are going to use
it for, etc,etc.

I, for example, have a Pentium IV 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, using G729 codec and
putting through up to 15 simultaneous calls, with CPU load under 10%.

Are you going to be connecting your Asterisk through phone lines or
through a VoIP provider?

If it  is VoIP provider then you would need to consider your network
path to the provider - bandwidth, latency, loads.

Dimitri

Santosh S Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are planning to develop a product making asterisk as base, I love that
> asterisk is open source and eager to start working on it. But before
> even we
> get into start working on asterisk we want to know how many number of
> parallel calls can be made from a single asterisk box, considering we
> install the latest stable version of asterisk (we are ready to buy the
> enterprise version if there is any) on a highly configured box.  So, how
> many number of parallel calls can we make through asterisk??
>
> Regards,

dangerous content by Mail Call antivirus software, and is
believed to be clean.