[asterisk-users] Slow list

Anthony Francis anthonyf at rockynet.com
Thu Jul 5 17:36:40 CDT 2007

Doug Lytle wrote:
>>> Before poking Digium too much, I would look at exactly what YOUR mail
>>> servers are doing that may potentially be the real cause of the delays.
>>>

> Already did that.  I use ASSP for filtering.  Digium and associated
> mailing lists are white listed.  There was only 1 attempt for deliver
> and there were no delays.  I subscribe to 10 mailing lists (Including
> the dev list) and they are not having issues.
>
> By the way, the only reason I'm able to respond to your messages and I'm
> watching the archives at lists.digium.com
>

> Doug

You have two servers in your MX records.
drdos.info.             60      IN      MX      10 smtp.drdos.info.
drdos.info.             60      IN      MX      5 drdos.info.

The one weighted 10 refuses smtp connections, while it is the higher
weight it is the first one that was listed when I did the dig. SO there
stand s a large probability that the list server is trying that address
first.