[asterisk-users] North American voice BRI - Informal survey

Jeff Davis asterisk at netsourceva.com
Thu Jul 5 10:48:33 CDT 2007

Noah Miller wrote:
>> Verizon wants to pretend the service doesn't exist
>
> I don't know, they're advertising it:
>
> http://www.verizonbusiness.com/us/voice/local/compare.xml#isdnbri

Sure, but when you call someone up to buy it it's a different story. Or
perhaps it was just Verizon's usual good customer service.

Also, to get to that page from verizon.com you must first select "Large
Business". Nowhere in small or medium business is the product offered or
mentioned.

The discussion in this thread has been primarily about using BRI as a
replacement for POTS in a small/medium business environment. Other than
connecting remote offices or teleworkers, most large businesses will
simply get PRI or larger. I had a medium sized customer of mine put in a
full T1 just so one person could have VoIP and Internet back to the main
office.

In light of that let me ammend my earlier statement, though I thought
the context was clear; BRI is a great solution for small businesses, but
  Verizon wants to pretend the service doesn't exist for them.

--
Jeff Davis
Netsource Consulting