[asterisk-users] North American voice BRI - Informal survey

Frank Ochmann ochmann at loca.net
Thu Jul 5 08:34:38 CDT 2007

List,

just my two cents here on BRI cards for Asterisk - sorry if the
following info was posted before/is redundant.

You will find the following BRI cards for Asterisk. Depending on the
chipset/Asterisk module they will/will not support NT mode, have
different numbers of ports, scale well when cards are combined, offer
PCI/PCIe interfaces, support other protocolls like Q.Sig and so on.

The most commom (here in Europe) would be:

Digium B410 - supports NA BRI
(http://www.digium.com/en/products/hardware/b410p.php)

Sangoma A500
(http://sangoma.com/datasheets/A500BRI)

Junghanns Duo/Quad/OctoBRI
(http://www.junghanns.net/en/produkte.html)

BeroNet BN2S0/BN4S0/BN8S0
(http://www.beronet.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=5&id=26&Itemid=28&lang=en)

Sirrix PCI4S0
(http://www.sirrix.com/content/pages/pci4s0en.htm)

Dialogic/Eicon DIVA boards
(www. dialogic.com)

Other cards: Fritz!Card PCI (http://www.avm.de/en) or their C2/C4 cards,
and basically clones of the cards mentioned above from China (OpenVox
et. al). Basically check for the HFC-S chipset (the icon outline of the
Cologne Cathedral is printed on these chips) on the net.

All of them work with Asterisk, but settings/combinations with server
hardware, analogue cards etc. can be an issue, so the easiest way to use
BRI with Asterisk (for me) is to use a Patton SmartNode.

BR,

Frank

--
LocaNet oHG - http://www.loca.net
Lindemannstrasse 81, D-44137 Dortmund
sip:23 at voip.loca.net

Registergericht Amtsgericht Dortmund HRA 14208
Geschäftsführer Sven Haufe, Henning Holtschneider