[asterisk-users] AgentCallBackLogin vsAddQueueMember

Martin Schrott - thinking:systems martin.schrott at tsy.at
Thu Jul 5 04:02:14 CDT 2007

sorry, was only for users list...
Hi Kevin,
Hi list,

you are right, acting now is not needed, when callbacklogin will be removed
anywhere in future...
But thinking how to realice alternatives can't be so wrong.

Callbacklogin gives a very simple way to use more queues for one agent,
which only has to logon to only one system.
No need to make dbs or tables for saving, where the agent has to be logged
in. No need to create your own login functions. No additional tables, which
members are logged in.
 Just one entry in queues.conf and agents.conf
This is simple.

For sure, it would also be possible to use addqueuemembers functionality:
-make own tables where you save, in which queues each member has to be
logged in.
-create a table, to see wich members exist and which are logged in. Do not
forget the destination to call them.
-create a login functionallity, to use your tables.
-Then add the member to each queue by calling aqm once for each queue. (Our
cpu will thank us) for using it so much.
-do not think of logs. (there are patches helping you... and members-name,
wich you can use... try how)
It is as simple as callbacklogin ;-)

Next difficulty is, using agent-groups... When we use aqm to call different
groups, we only have to make groups in agents.conf and put them into the
queues.
That is it.

But no problem, we also can create additional tables and script a little
bit. We do not need to sleep at night.

To summerice: using aqm we would have to make own tables of groups. Then we
have to make tables of members, that are logged in. Then we have to read
this tables, check who is logged in, then call aqm for each member that is
logged in and put it into each queue, the third table has saved this member
for...

!!! Only to write it here is more work then using agent callbacklogin!
scripting it would be crazy, when callbacklogin does it for us !!!

So we can only hope, that there will be an alternative application, that
works like callbacklogin.
I am sure, a lot of cc designers will stop upgrading, if callbacklogin is
removed and now new simmilar application is provided! Nobody can effort to
do this additional work to change all dialplans. :-)

Where is the problem keeping callbacklogin as additional feature in future
versions. Nobody has to support or change it. Just keep it working. Or
create a new application that does all the same, when you can't stand it.

If you can tell me in thre lines how to use addqueuemember doing all things
we need from callbacklogin app, then I will use it from today on.
Othervise it is a reinventing of the wheel.

Hope there will be a alternate application in newer versions of asterisk.

Thanks

Martin