[asterisk-users] North American voice BRI - Informal survey

Dave Donovan donovan.david at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 13:16:30 CDT 2007

On 7/4/07, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 12:46:35PM -0400, Jon Pounder wrote:
> > Quoting Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>:

> > > What do they use for BRI in the US?
> >
> > less and less :)
>
> What signalling?

I'm not an engineer so I don't have the specific answer.

I suppose you're thinking about your BRI product?
http://xorcom.com/products/astribank_bri
It would be great if we could get something like this working.

Typically, telcos in Canada and the US are using either Lucent 5ESS or
Nortel DMS (100, 250, 500) type switches.  I imagine the specs of that
equipment dicates how the BRI will work.  I could do a bit of research and
see if I can dig up something.

Is there a specific set of questions I should be asking other than "what
signalling?"

Dave