[asterisk-users] Upgrade Asterisk

Christian Victor christian at victormedia.de
Wed Jul 4 11:59:25 CDT 2007

Hi!

Just ashort question - obviously I am too stupid too find the answer on
the net. :-)

I want to upgrade a running Asterisk 1.4.2 to 1.4.6 - what will I have
to do? Just install it over the existing version? Do I need to backup
the configuration? Will I need to reconfigure the source or will the new
version "import" my old settings? Will I need to update Zaptel and
Libpri too?

Argh - I installed like 50 asterisk systems but this one is the first
production machine with issues so heavy that I have to upgrade it.

Please point me to a update/upgrade howto etc. if available on the net.

Thanks a ton
Christian