[asterisk-users] Asterisk Support Question

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Jul 4 05:54:42 CDT 2007

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007, Jonathan Creasy wrote:

> If it is one of the ones I am familiar with it's only one ethernet
> interface and it's literally a switch on a PCI card. The system sees one
> interface and there are 4 ports out the back.
>
> If this is the case it's not really "instead of a switch" so it will
> work fine.

Anyone care to tell give me a part number/product code/manufacturer?

As I'd be intersted in this too...

I have used a 4-port Ethernet card in the past - D-Link using the sundance
drivers, but while I used them successfully under the 2.4 kernel, I've
never been able to use them under 2.6 )-:

(And using the kernels 802.1d features, you can turn individual ethernet
interfaces into a switch, not as efficient as a switch, but there you go,
and it's worked well for me in the past)

Gordon