[asterisk-users] Music on hold - 1.4.5

Ade Vickers javickers at solutionengineers.com
Wed Jul 4 04:52:11 CDT 2007

Stephen Bosch wrote:

> Ade Vickers wrote:
> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > Thanks for those replies - I'll give them a shot shortly.
>
> That's not really what I meant by "configuration" -- you can
> choose the MOH source for Asterisk. It's only the native
> player that restarts the music file every time someone is put on hold.
>
> We're still using 1.2, which doesn't have this problem, so I
> don't know how it's done in 1.4.

Ah well, whatever was meant, using rawplayer works more or less as I'd hoped
(music doesn't re-cue from the start). It's not a "constant" stream (if no
MoH is playing at all, the stream "freezes" so the next person to get music
gets it from the point where the previous person left off...

The most amusing bit was when the original raw files I'd converted from MP3
using a Windows tool played at approx 2x their normal speed! Re-converting
with mpg123 fixed that...

Cheers!
Ade.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.