[asterisk-users] Best wifi IP phone for asterisk

Hermann Wecke hermann at wecke.com
Wed Jul 4 00:58:48 CDT 2007

Michelle Dupuis wrote:
> We're looking at a large wifi phone deployment, and we're looking for
> wifi phones that:
>
> 1. Are SIP compliant (Asterisk friendly)
> 2. Provision capable (ideally TFTP of own MAC address)
> 3. Industrial quality (no cheap plastic stuff).
> 4. Well documented (and none of the "only telco's get documentation" crap)

NOT SIP, but AFAIK supported by Asterisk: Cisco IP Phone 7920.
SCCP, basic functions (answer, place a call, transfer) does work
according to voip-info page.
Price: starting at US$ 150 @ eBay. US$ 345 NIB. If it is a large
purchase and you are in the US, Cisco does offer a very competitive
lease financing.