[asterisk-users] callback and bridge problem

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Tue Jul 3 13:22:17 CDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, den 28.06.2007, 07:07 +0200 schrieb Adam KOSA:
> Hi guys,
>
> sorry for the long e-mail, i'm only trying to give as much information
> as i think is relevant to my problem (console log, sip.conf and
> extension.conf parts).  I've sent this e-mail a couple of days ago, but
> it bounced back today.
>
> i've been practicing with callback for a while, but i'm at a dead end.
> I hope somebody can help me to move on.
>
> i have troubles getting two calls bridged together.  Scenario is the
> following:

Just a short hint (and a wild guess). Try keeping Asterisk in the voice
path, by using Dial with the appropriate parameters
(http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+Dial), like
"H" - the necessary DTMF detection hinders Asterisk from bridging the
calls externally. In my experience SIP providers do not like having two
calls from the same IP address bridged to each other, because that
somehow smells of "smartass customers" ;-)
As long as Asterisk stays in the voice path, no-one external will know
that both calls are in fact one.

BR
Anselm