[asterisk-users] Music on hold - 1.4.5

Richard Lyman pchammer at dynx.net
Tue Jul 3 10:14:36 CDT 2007

Richard Lyman wrote:
> Ade Vickers wrote:
>
>> *snipped
>>

>> Hi all, thanks for the responses so far.
>>

>> I too understood it to be a configuration thing, with the addition of a
>> streaming music server (which, obviously, provides the MoH stream). Asterisk
>> should then simply pick up the stream & play it whenever MoH is requested.
>>
>> It'd also be nice to periodically interrupt the stream with a "your call is
>> important to us (no, honestly)" message, although I probably wouldn't use
>> that on my own server.
>>
>> Does no-one have any suggestions for a streaming MoH setup?
>>

> here are my notes
>
> http://dynx.net/ASTERISK/gnudialer/moh.txt

(replying to my own post because i am sure the next reply will be how
does this work)

when you use the above method it will load up all the files in that dir
to the rawplayer instance (like this)

... Jun18   1:09 /usr/bin/rawplayer fpm-calm-river.raw fpm-sunshine.raw
fpm-world-mix.raw

by doing so, it will cycle those 3 files.

you can test it out using a variation of the ael snippet below.

                WaitExten(1);
                Playback(one-moment-please);
                WaitMusicOnHold(5);
                for (x=0; ${x} < 3; x=${x} + 1) {