[asterisk-users] Music on hold - 1.4.5

Ade Vickers javickers at solutionengineers.com
Tue Jul 3 03:31:52 CDT 2007

Stephen Bosch wrote:

> Russell Bryant wrote:
> > Lacy Moore - Aspendora wrote:
> constantly, so the "on hold"
> that's in
> >>>
> >> Many of us would like this, but the "powers that be" decided they
> >> didn't want that, and I don't know enough about coding to
> figure out
> >> how to change it.
> >
> > I'm not quite sure what you're referring to.  I think this
> would be a
> > very welcome addition.
>
> I thought this was just a matter of configuration.

Hi all, thanks for the responses so far.

I too understood it to be a configuration thing, with the addition of a
streaming music server (which, obviously, provides the MoH stream). Asterisk
should then simply pick up the stream & play it whenever MoH is requested.

It'd also be nice to periodically interrupt the stream with a "your call is
important to us (no, honestly)" message, although I probably wouldn't use
that on my own server.

Does no-one have any suggestions for a streaming MoH setup?

Cheers,
Ade.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
15:35