[asterisk-users] Transfer Call to Cell Phone

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Mon Jul 2 18:34:41 CDT 2007

Ryan Goldberg wrote:
 > Alternatively, the first line could be:
 >
 > exten => 101,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}&Zap/4/12185551212,30,tpm)
 >
 > which would dial both the desk and the cell at the same time...

I've tried doing things like this.  What got me was that SIP technology
allows for the phone not answering (just ringing and timing out)
whereas ZAP TDM technology (not having call progress ability) is
considered answered instantly.  Thus, the SIP/${EXTEN} phone stops
ringing because the Zap/4/12185551212 /answered/ the call (even if it's
still just ringing)

Now if this is NOT just PSTN/POTS lines into a TDM card, but a newer,
digital line, this isn't true I've been told.  But from looking at all
the traffic earlier on in this thread, we're just dealing with a few
lines, now, aren't we?  So I'll assume that this won't work as you're
planning.

Moj