[asterisk-users] Installing AJAM

hugolivude hugolivude at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:37:59 CDT 2007

DoH!

make checkconfig

is your friend!  I had enabled = yes in manager.conf, but not
webenabled = yes.  I also found that you must have an httptimeout set.
 If you don't then the examples found here:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aynchronous+Javascript+Asterisk+Manager+(AJAM)

will not work.  For example:

http://localhost:8088/asterisk/manager?action=login&username=foo&secret=bar

will work, but:

http://localhost:8088/asterisk/mxml?action=status

will report that authentication is required.  It doesn't matter if you
eneter something like this:

http://localhost:8088/asterisk/mxml?action=status&username=foo&secret=bar

you get the same error message.  I also found that the demo works now:

http://localhost:8088/asterisk/static/ajamdemo.html

Cheers,