[asterisk-users] Sip phones using the wrong context for an outbound call

Alexander Topolanek atopo at ocv.org
Mon Jul 2 15:54:14 CDT 2007

Hi,

recently I changend a few things in the configuration of the Asterisk
1.2.17-BRIstuffed-0.3.0-PRE-1y-d of a customer. One demand was that
different groups of SIP-Phones are using different trunks to the outside
worls, so I moved some of them to a Support context.

However, dial out from this phones failes as they're still looking for
an extension in the default context, which doesn't exist ([default] is
now pretty crippled for security reasons).

Is there a way to see in which context a peer (wether SIP or Zap or
whatever) starts?

This is how the configuration for the extension typically looks:
; Grandstream
[61]
type=peer
username=61
secret=xxxxxxx
context=Support
reinvite=no
canreinvite=no
host=dynamic
subscribecontext=Support
;mailbox=80 at default
;allow=alaw
;allow=ulaw
;allow=g723.1

best regards
--
Alexander Topolanek
Intelligente EDV- und Telekommunikationslösungen

Probst Peitlstr. 85
2103 Langenzersdorf

+43 664 507 68 09
http://www.topolanek.at