[asterisk-users] Is is possible yo "play" a recording into a channel

Bill Seddon bill.seddon at lyquidity.com
Mon Jul 2 06:11:38 CDT 2007

We record calls using Asterisk.  We can listen to music-on-hold.  We can
play pre-recorded messages to a caller. So is it possible to inject an
existing recording into a conversation?  From time-to-time we want to be
able to review all or part of a past conversation with a third party
with them.

I imagine there will need to be some mechanism to select the recording
file which is to be played but making the assumption such a mechanism
exists, how can the sound associated with any given recording be heard
by the parties to a call?  Is it a case of creating a channel that plays
a file as one of the parties to a conference call?

If you have done this any direction you can offer will be appreciated.

Bill Seddon