[asterisk-users] Single ringer phone for incoming calls, that every one can answer

clive.chan(Alpha Trilogies Networks) clive.chanbw at alphatn.com
Sun Jul 1 20:40:05 CDT 2007

Setting up pick/callgroups really tightly is the way to go - one of our
techs here does that all the time for clients.

PaulH

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 20:51 +0930, Tom Lanyon wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Does anyone have any advice on the following:
>
> Incoming calls to our office come in on a SIP trunk. Since all our
> offices/desks are in close proximity, we would like just a single
> phone to ring when a call comes in instead of ringing every person's
> phone.
>
> Currently we've got this working by having all the phones in a
> callgroup/pickupgroup and incoming calls ring the 'ringer phone'
> extension, then we can use the *8 to pickup the incoming call from
> any other phone. The problem though, is that if two people in the
> office call each other, *8 from a third phone also picks up their
> call, which is not the desired effect.
>
> So in essence, I'm asking whether there's a better way to pickup an
> incoming call from our external SIP trunk, whilst its ringing only a
> specific extension, without picking up overlapping internal calls?
>

> Regards,
> Tom

Tom,
Let me recap what you want, do you means that the you allow to answer an
trunk incoming call but not extensions call.
Now, we can have either
1) Set the difference ringing tone on your telephone, which you have to set
the new context, Alert-info, and depending on your SIP phone set.
2) Use the SLA (Share Line Appearance) phone, where it's blink on your SLA
LED when an incoming trunk line call.

I say IF or maybe,
If you can make the incoming call set to difference tone to identify the
calls, and it might help to modify the source-code or add the new feature
code into your dialplan. Some thing like "linepickup".

I will say, most of such demands is being solved by the phone ringing tone
at the moment.

Good luck.