[asterisk-users] Caller ID Spoofing to be banned in the USA

Al Bochter Al.Bochter at bochterservices.com
Sun Jul 1 14:22:09 CDT 2007

I think you should be able to spoof your caller id to a number you are
in control of.
Like a toll free number, your main inbound and/or a number that goes to
that ext.

I think it is a big pain that anyone can spoof your cellular number and
if you don't use a password can check your voicemail.

How I read the upcoming law that is how it is going to be that you can
spoof to a number that you are in control of.

And I am fine with that.

On the Asterisk server we use I have one inbound trunk that our toll
free rings to
and 4 outbound trunks that have no caller to them there are not any DID
set to them.

So for my outbound what would my provider set my caller ID to?

Best regards,

Al Bochter
http://www.BochterServices.com

See what we are selling at auction