[asterisk-users] Re: [asterisk-dev] Dynamically Adding A Context

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Wed Jan 31 10:14:36 MST 2007

yusuf wrote:
> j wrote:
>> Greetings!
>>
>> I've searched far and wide for an answer and have gotten no where, so I
>> was hoping one of you guys might have the answer;
>>
>> Is it possible to dynamically add a context to the dialplan?
>> You can add extensions via the CLI, however if the context doesn't exist
>> I get an error message instead of it creating the context for me.
>>
>> Any method will do, AGI, AMI, CLI... I just need a solution :)

Yusuf,

I was just curious what kind of context do you need to add?  The reason
I ask is maybe you could use a custom AGI script to simulate the same
steps that would occur in a dynamically added context?

You could for instance, create an AGI that reads from a dynamically
created text file template or flat script?

Just a thought...

--

Warm Regards,

Lee