[asterisk-users] musiconhold restarts for every extension

Benko benkokakao at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 04:16:49 MST 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:04:30 -0600
"Eric \"ManxPower\" Wieling" <eric at fnords.org> wrote:
> > While in 1.2.9 musiconhold
> > was playing continuous on sequential extensions after a
> > timeout, it is restarted for every extension in 1.2.14:
>
> As I understand it, this is the way Native Music on Hold works.
> mpg123 based MoH does not restart for each call.

Well, it was working perfectly with Native MOH in 1.2.9.
Judging the two replies, this is a bug(imho). I think it
should at least be optional if you want it to be restarted or not(if
there's anyone who needs the current behaviour). I don't want to sound
like an dissatisfied customer however, i honour that asterisk is mostly
voluntary work and since i'm not a programmer i try to contribute with
feedback at least.

Regards & Thx
Christian