[asterisk-users] One-way audio after several minutes 1.4.0

Michael Welter mike at telecommatters.net
Tue Jan 30 10:18:48 MST 2007

Three sites are experiencing ~10sec period of one-way audio.  This
happens several minutes into the call, and it is very intermittent
(infrequent).  It does not happen on inter-office calls but only on
calls to/from the PSTN.

Occasionally, a spurt of white noise precedes the drop-out much like a
cell phone drop-out.

One site uses one port of a Sangoma A102X (PCI-X).  Another site uses a
TE110P.  The third site uses a TDM04B (with a TDM10B for the fax
machine).  All sites operate normally except for this intermittent problem.

Each machine has its USB drivers removed, and there is no sharing of
interrupts.  I've set interrupt latency on the NICs down to 32.

These machines are dedicated to Asterisk, and there are no other server
processes (web, mail, etc.).

I was thinking interrupt starvation on the PCI cards.  We upgraded one
site from a Dell desktop to a Dell server (with A102X), and the problem
mostly went away but did occur twice on Monday.

The commonality between all sites is Asterisk/Zaptel 1.4.0.  The TDM04B
site started reporting this problem after the upgrade to 1.4.0.

Thoughts?