[asterisk-users] Dynamically Adding A Context

j j at intuitivecreations.com
Tue Jan 30 09:50:53 MST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 18:04 +0200, yusuf wrote:
> j wrote:
> > Greetings!
> >
> > I've searched far and wide for an answer and have gotten no where, so I
> > was hoping one of you guys might have the answer;
> >
> > Is it possible to dynamically add a context to the dialplan?
> > You can add extensions via the CLI, however if the context doesn't exist
> > I get an error message instead of it creating the context for me.
> >
> > Any method will do, AGI, AMI, CLI... I just need a solution :)
> >

> This is a users question. Moved there
>
> What about using Realtime???
  Good question. I'll explain:
  I'm updating proxy software (amsuite.sourceforge.net) which needs to
be able to figure out where Local channels actually map to for dynamic
agents.
  The only feasible way to do this in a truly dynamic sense is to call
the Local channel and wait for a Dial event.
  In order to do this, I have to add a couple quick extensions to the
dial plan dynamically, so I have to be able to add my own context.

  This question doesn't relate to my specific setup, if that were true,
it'd be easy :)

  I can only rely on functionality that everyone would have and I'm
trying to avoid making users of the software avoid any tedious and
unnecessary setup.

p.s.
 I double posted this in dev because I was hoping a developer would have
some special insight into a hack I might be able to use. I've scoured
the internet and IRC and there seems to be no "just use this function"
user-type solution.