[asterisk-users] TDM Cards or PSTN>VOIP Gateways?

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Mon Jan 29 18:37:08 MST 2007

OK, I think I may have found the problem for myself at least.  Actually,
a friend of mine suggested it.  Apparently, Asterisk is a little too
fast for the card.

Placing a "w" in front of the number to insert a pause looks like it did
the trick!

Dial(ZAP/1/w5555555)

Looks like it gives the card a chance to come online?

So, at least in this case, it was not that Asterisk was keeping the line
open (which I doubted based on the fact that I could call into that line
anytime) but instead that the card was not coming on line fast enough
and Asterisk was just pushing part of the phone number to dial to the card.

My thanks to Rick Neubaurer who suggested the fix.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee