[asterisk-users] Installed TDM02B - Problem when other end hangs up

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Mon Jan 29 15:01:50 MST 2007

Lee Jenkins wrote:
>> Well, not really -- when the extension hangs up, Asterisk knows the
>> channel has been abandoned and clears it.
>>
>> When the remote party hangs up first, the card doesn't tell Asterisk
>> that the channel is clear (because it doesn't know the caller has hung
>> up), so Asterisk has no idea and presumes it is unavailable.
>>

> Interesting.  But if that was the case, wouldn't restarting asterisk
> (#CLI restart now) clear the problem?  Because on my system, it does not
> clear the problem, only a complete restart of the server seems to work.
>  Well that and trying again some considerable time later which may or
> may not work then.

That's because I assumed (based on what you said in previous posts) that
the card thought the line was clear, but if your experience is anything
like mine, the card leaves the channel open because it doesn't detect
the disconnect signal from the CO.

If the card still thinks the line is in use too, it will refuse access
to the channel. That's why restarting Asterisk doesn't help.

I'm getting a test dongle and a multimeter to see if I can observe a
disconnect supervision signal on one of my lines.

I'll let you know what I find. It will take me a few minutes.

-Stephen-