[asterisk-users] Installed TDM02B - Problem when other end hangs up

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Mon Jan 29 14:15:02 MST 2007

Lee Jenkins wrote:

> I forgot to mention that the one thing that seems to be consistent is
> that I can get the zap line to reset and dialout again correctly by
> calling into the system on that zap line, dialing and extension and
> allowing the extension to hangup on the caller first.
>
> Then it will dial out again.  Odd.

Well, not really -- when the extension hangs up, Asterisk knows the
channel has been abandoned and clears it.

When the remote party hangs up first, the card doesn't tell Asterisk
that the channel is clear (because it doesn't know the caller has hung
up), so Asterisk has no idea and presumes it is unavailable.

The problem is simply that call disconnect information is not being
passed on somewhere.

Either

1. The carrier is not signalling (possible -- I find that call
disconnect signalling is spotty, at least in Alberta)

2. The signal is peculiar and the card doesn't recognize it.

In my case I can't say definitively one way or the other, and the repair
staff at Telus have been no help whatsoever.

I should say that this pretty much makes the TDM cards useless -- in
these parts, anyway -- unless you use forward on busy; and then it
severely limits the flexibility because of the latency between when a
call terminates and the channel becomes available again.

-Stephen-