[asterisk-users] H.264 *Not Patented*

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Mon Jan 29 13:24:42 MST 2007

On 27 Jan 2007, at 16:33, Lee Jenkins wrote:

> Although I wouldn't complain about a free G.729 codec, I have to be
> honest in saying that $10.00 isn't that great of an expense
> considering the better call quality you get.

Does G.729 work by pushing up the compression, therefore moving from
work from the Network to the CPU ?  Across my LAN, I'd probably be
able to handle *fewer*, rather than more calls across my * exchange
if this was the case.  If it's cleverer that this, I think I'll have
to speculate a few dollars, assuming my Snoms can talk in G.729.

cheers
-a

--
Regards, Andy Davidson