[asterisk-users] Installed TDM02B - Problem when other end hangs up

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Mon Jan 29 09:37:50 MST 2007

Hi everyone,

I just installed a TDM02B and surprisingly, I had really no problems
except one.

If I place an outbound call on the Zap line (Zap/3), everything works
fine except when the called party hangups before I do.  I do get
congestion, but that is expected.  However, when I try to make another
outbound call using that Zap line, the CLI shows that the call is being
dialed, but nothing happens and I get the telco's message "if you'd like
to make a call, hang up..." after a few seconds.

If I call out to a party on that Zap line and hangup first, I do not
experience that problem.  It looks like Asterisk is not getting the
termination signal from the telco (Verizon) when the other party hangs
up first.

Running show channels at any time after the call is disconnected (by
either party) shows 0 active calls/channels.

When the problem occurs, calling that ZAP line from outside seems to
reset it as well.

I'm sure it's something obvious I've overlooked, but I'd appreciate any
pointers.

Thank you,

--

Warm Regards,