[asterisk-users] Re: Rhino cards lock up system -- anyone else ever seen this?

Barry D. Hassler barry.hassler at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 07:51:31 MST 2007

Turns out this appears to be related to hald -- the hardware abstraction
layer daemon running on Centos. I had the almost identical situation occur
with a completely separate system which I loaded Trixbox up on, with a
single Digium TDM400P card in it. Struggled for several hours over the
weekend trying to figure it out.

I ended up shutting off all the services I didn't specifically need, and
turned them back on one at a time (turned out, hald was the first I tried --
I was most suspicious with it). As soon as I started it up, it locked the
system up.

Turned all the other services back on, leaving hald off, and the system is
running fine.

Did the same with the original problem system, and now have no problems with
the Rhino cards either!

--
Barry D. Hassler