[asterisk-users] Pickup() ringing extension and call waiting

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 06:25:45 MST 2007

On 1/29/07, Dominik Zalewski <dzalewski at open-craft.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm using Asterisk 1.2.14 under openSuSE 10.2 with kernel 2.6.18. I have
> Wildcard TDM400P card and D-Link DPH-120S and DPH-140S SIP phones. I would
> like to be able to pickup ringing extention from any SIP phone using Pickup()
> application.
>
> Call waiting seems to not work. While having a conversation I hear "beep" in
> my phone but the M2 (second line) button doesn't blink so I can not pickup
> second call and put first one on hold.

<disclaimer>I have never used D-Link SIP phones</disclaimer>

Where there is only one SIP registration on the phone, Asterisk cannot
have any control over the presentation of lights on the phone - This
is entirely up to the handset to manage.

One potential workaround is to provide multiple SIP logins (one per
line) and arrange for asterisk to call the second line if the first is
busy (use incoming_limit SIP settings perhaps?). This may or may not
have the desired effect on that phone model.

Cheers,
Steve