[asterisk-users] Does X100P decode caller ID?

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 28 11:27:16 MST 2007

>From: Derek Whitten <derek at kfuq.net>
> >> x100p/clone with motorola chipset shows caller id with default *
> >> settings.
> >
> > This one (SM56) is Motorola.  I did get an "authentic" X100P from
> > DigitNetworks that uses Intel chipset but haven't tested on this line.
>
>Isn't the SM56 motorola a winmodem?

It is, and is identified by wcfxo as "a Wildcard FXO: Wildcard X100P".  So
much for "The DigitNetworks X100P is detected as an actual X101P card."

On the other hand, I managed to hear audio from ztmonitor with SM56 - it
sounded like pulses, and no chirp could be heard, whereas X101P does the
opposite.  I didn't have enough knowledge about rxgain, but I tested several
settings with actual conversation on, so I figured callerid couldn't be
fixed in SM56 within reasonable range.  This may be one actual advantage
DigitNetworks can claim.

For now I'll just use SM56 when callerID is not required.

Yuan Liu