[asterisk-users] Mabe OT? What managed switch is best for VoIP application?

Cosmin Prund cosmin at adicomsoft.ro
Sun Jan 28 08:04:29 MST 2007

My Trendnet 26 port managed switch gave up on me so I'm shopping for a
new switch. I learned the hard way NOT to trust marketing material from
anyone so now I'm asking the list: what am I looking for in a managed,
VoIP switch?

P.S: For those that don't understand WHY I can't trust marketing
material, let me tell you something about the Trendnet switch that's
fast becoming "garbidge". I wanted an managed switch so I boght the
switch had "Managed" and "Virtual LAN" in the biggest possible letters.
Later, after buying two Intel 1Gb Virtual Lan Enabled network cards, I
discovered my Trendnet switch doesn't do standard VLan, it only does
VLan if linked to an other Trendnet switch - not useful at all!

Thanks,
Cosmin Prund