[asterisk-users] Transfer on RTP timeout?

Ray Jackson ray at jacksonz.net
Sun Jan 28 02:02:56 MST 2007

Hi all,

We are looking at VoIP over Wifi and I was wondering if anybody had any
ideas around automatically transfering calls after an RTP timeout?  The
idea is this: a user is on a call with their IP phone and the connection
drops (e.g. user walks out of range of their Wifi AP).  Using RTP
timeout I was hoping rather than just dropping the call I could keep the
other party on hold whilst transferring the call to another number (i.e.
a PSTN number).  Essentially, I would like to change the RTP timeout
logic to lookup a 'forwarding number' in MySQL and then perform a blind
transfer to that number.  That way the call can stay up rather than the
user having to redial.  Is there a way of transferring back to the *
dialplan on RTP timeout to perform some additional steps (instead of
just hanging up?)

Any suggestions very welcome.

Rgds,
Ray