[asterisk-users] X100P - zttools says red status

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Sat Jan 27 10:50:36 MST 2007

Charlie Grosvenor wrote:
> The card that I have got only has one port. I assume there are two
> versions?
>
> Thanks

NOPE There really is only one port. two modular jacks, one marked line,
which should go to the PSTN or FXS device, one with battery on it.
The second, upper? port is simply in parallel, and in some modems (
can't say for sure on the X100 ) is opened when the modem goes off hook.
If you have a card with only ONE modular jack, then perhaps you don't
really have an X100??

Remember the X100 is really a simple WinModem that has a specific
chipset that the Zaptel driver was written for,
If you were to remove it and place it  in a Windows machine with the
proper drivers, you would have a run of the mill 56K dial up modem

Red alarm in the X100 means it doesn't see battery from the PSTN